So what about this Jordan fellow?
Narrator: Faster than a speeding deadline. More creative than an outside ad agency. Able to leap tall creative briefs in a single bound.
Woman 1: Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird!
Man: It’s a plane!
Woman 2: It’s Super Designer!*
Narrator: Yes, it’s Super Designer! Strange visitor from another agency. Possessing project managing powers and design abilities far beyond those of mortal designers. Super Designer, who can change the course of mighty e-mails, bend landing pages, animated banners and a multitude of print pieces in his bare hands.
Winner of various accolades, including a President’s Plate, Patback Bonus, I.HA.F. (In-House Agency Forum) Silver and Honorable Mention awards. And who, disguised as Jordan Razowsky, mild-mannered Senior Designer, fights a never ending battle for truth, justice and the design way.
*All references to the DC comic book character, “Superman”, is strictly coincidental and null and void in Illinois.
Jordan is a pleasure to work with. He is extremely detail-oriented and the guy you want in your corner when a deadline is looming. Jordan is a very accomplished designer who is also current with the digital age. He has his eye on the future of graphic design and will be a leader, not a follower.
– Stephanie (Beasley) Mueller Senior Graphic Designer
Jordan is an extremely talented graphic designer. He supported my team at Discover and always delivered our projects with both speed and a great deal of attention to details. Jordan is a business partner that makes work easier, which is the way it should be, but so often is not.
– Lauren Mieli Digital Marketer | Social Influencer
Jordan brought a distinctive creative element to every project he touched. He handled layout, illustration and production with professionalism and efficiency on a wide variety of assignments for just about every client at our growing ad agency. But what particularly impressed me was his musical brilliance, and the many ways he plussed a presentation, multimedia show, radio spot or soundtrack with his creativity and wizardry. My work was always better for having associated with Jordan.
– John Rausch Creative Guru | Sandstorm Design
Jordan makes my copy look great, makes the process of client approvals smooth, translates the creative brief details into something that's right on target. When I've worked with him there were fewer revisions, clients loved his pieces and photos/graphics he chose, there were no production fiascos, and he worked truly collaboratively with the team. He's a consummate professional. No drama. No prima donna attitude. Just a great work ethic, a solid talent and someone you can always count on to come through no matter what.
– Nancy Wells Sr. Copywriter: Digital, Print and Social Marketing
I highly recommend Jordan. He is ultra thorough. He will always make sure he understands the goals of the project, then he goes above and beyond to cover all the bases.
– Cheryl O'Day CPM, Strategic sourcing | G360
Ridiculously efficient, rock solid in the most critical of moments, and all around nice guy" are phrases that come to mind when I think about Jordan. We worked closely together for 2 years. I was particularly impressed by Jordan's ability to handle even the toughest design and production projects—effortlessly. From digital to print, his skills and experience were a key factor on all of our initiatives and it's no wonder he was designated as the most productive member of our team.
– Michael Pantuso Art Director | Discover Financial Services
Jordan is such a pleasure to work with! He is a talented graphic designer who is very detail-oriented and efficient. Jordan is always helpful and works very well with other team members. I would highly recommend him!
– Deb Hendricks Giant Geek Communications
Graphic Designer Digital and Print
Achieve results to deliver accurate, innovative and creative visual storytelling to the end user
Dynamic, passionate and highly-skilled digital and print professional creating innovative highly-memorable designs for wide-ranging agendas and goals. History of award-winning performance is founded in effective collaboration with co-workers in companies from small studios all the way to large corporations. Support organization's brand while aligning department and business objectives. Transform corporate vision into high-impact multimedia marketing materials to strict standards for timeliness, cost efficiency, and quality in fast-paced environments.
Project management │Web design and production│Design and typography│
Print design and production│Digital design platforms│Time management│Social media messaging│
Storyboard creation│Design modification│Color theory & composition
Discover Financial Services, Riverwoods, IL І 2001 - Present
- Devise concept, design, and produce effective digital and print marketing campaign collateral to help strengthen brand recognition and attract new clients for business lines including Consumer Banking, Diners Club International, Rewards, and E-biz.
- Played instrumental role in absorbing previously outsourced projects to develop advanced web content for Discover.com, enabling company to remain within annual budgets, maintain exceptional work quality, and eliminate risk of impacting deliverable schedules.
- Earned President’s Plate award for producing and developing outstanding internal company website DiscoverNetwork.com, at the same time, achieving well-orchestrated collaborative success between business client, 3rd-party development team, and external agencies throughout project.
- Drove concept, design, production, and project management of high-end VIP invitation material for prestigious Diners Club International Pro-Am Golf Tournament, resulting in client allocating higher budget to department, increasing revenue and reputation.
- Award-winning invitation was such a huge success that team was invited back to produce following years’ VIP invitations.
- Created prototype animated banners, in partnership with outside vendors, accelerating cycle time, meeting quality feature demands and time constraints of aggressively scheduled projects.
- Conceived and produced several microsites, web toppers and landing pages for various Discover business lines including Home Loans, Deposits, co-brand campaign with Google, successfully increasing brand recognition and card membership.
- Collaborated with Discover’s UX team to innovate an HTML template for Discover’s homepage marquee section that helped bridge the gap between designers and web developers, enabling smoother handoffs of projects which saved the department money by preventing mistakes and extra rounds of revisions.
- Displayed strong problem-solving skills by designing Discover Home Loans microsite, DiscoverKeys.com, and successfully delivering project ahead of schedule within short timeline, producing strong click-thru rate.
- Concepted, designed and produced Diners Club International multidimensional integrated digital and print campaign that included e-mails, animated web banners, postcards, posters, sell sheets and brochures, increasing cardmember acquisitions.
Additional Relevant Experience
Jordan Razowsky Freelance Services, Chicago, IL
Dynamic, passionate and highly-skilled digital and print professional creating innovative highly-memorable designs for wide-ranging agendas and goals. History of award-winning performance is founded in effective collaboration with co-workers in companies from small studios all the way to large corporations. Support organization's brand while aligning department and business objectives. Transform corporate vision into high-impact multimedia marketing materials to strict standards for timeliness, cost efficiency, and quality in fast-paced production environments.
Keroff and Rosenberg / K&R Marc, Chicago, IL
Conceptualized, designed, and produced all forms of promotional collateral and maintained continuous client communications to ensure projects goals were met, delivered on-time, and remained in budget. Provided collaborative art direction and musical coordination for business pitches, jingles, and television spots for well-known clients such as Benjamin Moore Paints, Sprint, Chicago Tribune, Marriott Hotel, Blue Chip and Empress Casinos, and Volvo.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Graphic Design, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- Web design courses, Columbia College, Oakton Community College, Computer Training Source, Ascend Training
- Team building workshops, Discover Financial Services
- Greensock HTML5 animation, Discover Financial Services
- Operating Systems: Mac and Windows
- Design: Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Acrobat Pro
- Web: HTML, HTML5, Animation, CSS, CSS3, WordPress, SquareSpace, Bootstrap, Web Content Management, Workfront
- Desktop: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Awards and Recognitions
- Multiple Silver Medal Awards, In-House Agency Forum: Click here to view 1st medal. And click here to view 2nd medal
- Honorable Mention Award, In-House Agency Forum: Click here to view
- President’s Plate Award, Discover Financial Services: Click here to view
- Multiple Patback Bonus Awards, Discover Financial Services
- Gold Medal Award, Artists Guild of Chicago’s Illustration Show: Click here to view
- Multiple Windy Awards, 900 North Michigan Shops and Gino’s East Pizza radio spots: Click here to listen to my jingles